Project groups are shared across all legal entities in D365 finance & operations app so have setup under one of the cross-company data sharing policies. You are also required to setup dual-write table map for project groups to sync from FO to CDS. However, you get following error message when you try to Run the table map
"Copying pre-existing data completed with errors.
For additional details, go to initial sync details tab."
Follow these steps to overcome this issue as a workaround.
Steps to follow:
- Disable cross-company data sharing policy where ProjGroup table has been used
- Choose Yes at next pop up window
- Go to Data management > Dual write > select Project Groups table map and Run
- Enable cross-company data sharing policy for project groups
- Choose No at the next pop up window unless you want to copy data across all companies