✔️ Finance and Supply Chain Management App: 10.0.12 or later✔️ Dataverse: Service update 189 or later
Virtual Entities features✔️ Finance and Operations is available as a data source in Dataverse ✔️ No Finance and Operations data replication in Dataverse ✔️ Access all public data entities of Finance and Operations in Dataverse ✔️ Support all CRUD operations
Install Virtual Entities solutionHead to this link https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/dynamics-365/mscrm.finance_and_operations_virtual_entity and Get it Now Enter your work or school account and Sign in Choose the environment where you want to install this solution
Wait for finish to installing
Register an App in Azure Active DirectoryThe AAD application must be created on the same tenant as F&O.
- Log on to http://portal.azure.com
- Azure Active Directory > App registration
- New Registration
- Account type
- Redirect URI - leave blank
- Select Register
- Make note of the Application (Client) ID, you will need it later
Steps to follow in Dataverse environmentLog on to Dataverse environment and click on Advance settings
Go to Administrator
Choose Virtual entity data sources
To illustrate this example, I created an export data project in Finance and Operations under Data Management with the name 'CDSVirtualEntitiesExport' - The data entity behind this data export projects is DataManagementDefinitionGroupEntity which is marked as virtual entity in above step.
Click on Finance and Operations and following screen pops up, this is where the connections established
Configuration in Finance and Operations
- Log on to Finance and Operations and go to System Administration | Users | Users
- Create a new user and assign 'CDS virtual entity application' role to it - don't assign system admin role to this user - This user is used to look at the metadata of the data entities from the Dataverse instance.
- Enter Application Id in System Administration | Setup | Azure Active Directory applications screen with the User ID = <The user created in step 1>
Test Finance and Operations data in Dataverse
Log on to Dataverse instance and click on a little funnel to open advance find and look for 'Available Finance and Operations Entities' in the list of tables in Dataverse instance.
By default not all the entities are enabled this is to avoid cluttering the user experience in Dataverse but individual entities can be enabled e.g. I enabled DataManagementDefinitionGroupEntity and mark visible to make this as a virtual entity in Dataverse.
Restart the Advance find in Dataverse instance and look for Definition Group (mserp) table map and Run to see the output
This is it for today, with next post I will explain how to do customization/extension in F&O and get data into Dataverse using Virtual Entities.
Hope you may have enjoyed the post, please do provide your feedback. Enjoy your break!!