Hotfix 3815274 is an optional hotfix that can be applied to CU16. It can be loaded to revert a CU16 change with reporting tree rollups. The hotfix will allow children nodes to be rolled up to a parent that contains a Dimension filter.
Before making any changes, be sure to have a backup of the MRServiceHost.settings.config file. You can then do the following:
- Open the Management Reporter Configuration Console. You will need to be logged in as a user that has the Administrator role in MR, when starting the console.
- Stop both the Process Service and the Application Service.
- Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics ERP\Management Reporter\2.1\Server\Services\MRServiceHost.settings.config”
- Edit the config file in Notepad and then add the following line. This will make dimension filters on summary tree units be ignored (pre-CU15 functionality):
<add key=”ReportingTreeUnitsInheritCriteriaFromParent” value=”false”/>
This new line should be added before the </appSettings>
- Save your changes and close Notepad.
- In the Management Reporter Configuration Console, start the Process Service and the Application Service.
Once the services have been restarted, you will need to re-generate your reports for the changes to be applied.
Hotfix 3815274 can be downloaded here: