I didn't realize that its somewhat unknown that there is a speed scanning feature in the POS for rapid item entry. I was answering some questions at AXUG for some end users and this was brought up. Then again as a use case for a customer. That prompted a post.
If you are selling multiple units of something in a store (e.g. 4 bottles of wine) and don't want to scan the product, click change qty, and enter qty, you can instead do this handy little trick.
USE CASE: We need to scan 4 of the same bottle as fast as possible.
SOLUTION: In the number pad, enter 4 and hit the '*' asterisk button. Then scan the barcode or enter the item. BLAM! That item with a qty of 4.
Some notes to this:
- You need to use the number pad control
- You can use the keyboard or the onscreen numpad.
- You must enter a barcode or the item id either with a scanner or through the number pad
- Searching for an item will not allow this to work.
- When you enter the quantity and hit asterisk, the entry field clears out all of the fields. Its still there in the background so enter the item
- This works for all versions from AX 2012 FTP to D365 F&O 8.1
- Enterprise POS (EPOS) and Modern POS (MPOS) are supported for this