The purpose of this document is to describe how we can add custom fields to standard DIXF target entity. While performing data migration for standard entities like customer, we often come across a requirement to load data for customized fields as well. In this post, we will add custom fields of customer master to its standard DIXF entity.
To load customer master through DIXF along with custom fields.
1. Custom fields are already added to CustTable table.
2. DIXF component is up and running.
3. ODBC source data format has been configured.
4. Prestaging database and table is ready to fetch data from.
1. The following are the custom fields that need to be loaded through standard DIXF entity for customer master:
2. Add custom fields to DMFCustomerEntity table, which is the standard DIXF staging entity for customer master.
3. Add the same fields to the DMF field group of DMFCustomerEntity table.
4. Add the same fields to DMFCustomerTargetEntity query.
Queries > DMFCustomerTargetEntity > Data Sources > Customer(CustTable) > Fields
5. Make sure the same fields exist in the target entity, CustTable table.
6. Open Data import export framework > Setup > Target entities
7. Create new target entity as follows. You must create a new target entity to include the newly added fields.
8. Verify the newly added fields by looking at the mappings.
9. Create new processing group and select the newly created target entity
10. Generate source mapping and verify the mappings by clicking Modify source mapping.
11. You can also preview the source data by clicking Preview source file to validate data is pulling up correctly.
12. Get staging data
13. Copy data to target.
14. You can verify loaded customers in All customers list page.
15. You can also verify custom fields loaded successfully!