Deleting a customer with no transaction generates error message, and customer can not be deleted
There is the workaround which is to delete the associated DimensionAttributeLevelValue (DALV) record and then the user should be able to delete the account. This can be done following the below steps:
1. On Dynamics AX Developer Workspace, go to AOT > Data Dictionary > Tables. Go to table DimensionAttributeLevelValue. Right click on this table and click Open.
2. On Display Value field, CTRL+F and put the Display Value of the account which needs to be deleted. In this example it is 112233:
3. Click OK. The system should select a record with the account information the user needs to delete. Take note (copy) of the value in field dimensionAttributeValue.
4. With this number, go to AOT > Data Dictionary > Tables. Go to table DimensionAttributeValue. Right click on this table and click Open.
5. Now, on field RecID, CTRL+F and paste the number extracted on step 3.
6. On this line, expand the fields and find one specifically named IsDeleted. Mark it.
7. Now go to Fixed Asset, find the account to delete and delete it.
The system WILL NOT show the error anymore.
The reason for deleting the record in the backend is as explained below:
1. Any time a relationship is tied to the existing record AX keeps an audit trail in the DALV table. So for auditing purposes AX creates the record and if there is an audit trail AX will not allow you to remove the record from the front end. If there is no need for the record, one can manually remove the audit trail by removing the DALV record and continue with the normal work.
2. The main design choice here with the DAVL record is for performance issues. With the creation of the DAVL record there is a linking record which AX did not have in previous versions so the system can simply scan for a record rather than go through code to find it’s linking accounts, Account Structure, or any other linking points.
This is actually working by design, and it is not desirable to have end users removing records with a DALV association.
The development team has been informed about this suggestion for future versions at the following link.