Here I’m going to share how to deploy a metadata or X++ hotfix using Visual Studio menu. Follow below steps to get this done. I strongly recommend using VSTS check in once hotfix deployed. Of course, you don't have RDP access other than DEV environment so this option should be for DEV servers only. Let's start by getting into your dev machine (RDP access).
1. Open Visual studio as admin
2. GO to D365> addins
3. Next windows
Browse metadata hotfix file
The file must be unzipped from a folder.
4. Click on prepare button
You will get an info log for completion
5. Now click on apply
Get Infolog once complete
6. Sometimes these changes don’t come in pending changes for VSTS. In that case, you may need to add manually in VSTS branch. Go to Source control > <VSTS branch> > Metadata folder> Right click and select “Add Items to folder”. Don’t create any folder manually, the system must create respective folders automatically when you add an item.
7. Now you must check-in the code using VSTS. So same can be added in next deployment package next level environment.
8. Do a build and DB sync. Your Environment must be ready for use.
Thanks Guys, Enjoy…. Harry.
- Dynamics 365财务和运营中的AppChecker / AppChecker in Dynamics 365 Finance and operations
- [已解决]调用D365FO操作GetAzureWriteUrl时逻辑应用程序错误 / [Solved] Logic app error while calling D365FO action GetAzureWriteUrl
- 如何在D365FO中获取表的tableId / How to get tableId of tables in D365FO
- QuickFix -11：D365FO中的可扩展数据安全性 / QuickFix -11: Extensible Data security in D365FO
- 如何启用维护模式 / How to enable maintenance mode
- 书评:Microsoft Dynamics 365 财务和运营应用程序实施/Book review Implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Apps