Here I’m going to share how to deploy a metadata or X++ hotfix using Visual Studio menu. Follow below steps to get this done. I strongly recommend using VSTS check in once hotfix deployed. Of course, you don't have RDP access other than DEV environment so this option should be for DEV servers only. Let's start by getting into your dev machine (RDP access).
1. Open Visual studio as admin
2. GO to D365> addins
3. Next windows
Browse metadata hotfix file
The file must be unzipped from a folder.
4. Click on prepare button
You will get an info log for completion
5. Now click on apply
Get Infolog once complete
6. Sometimes these changes don’t come in pending changes for VSTS. In that case, you may need to add manually in VSTS branch. Go to Source control > <VSTS branch> > Metadata folder> Right click and select “Add Items to folder”. Don’t create any folder manually, the system must create respective folders automatically when you add an item.
7. Now you must check-in the code using VSTS. So same can be added in next deployment package next level environment.
8. Do a build and DB sync. Your Environment must be ready for use.
Thanks Guys, Enjoy…. Harry.
- 销售订单发票时出错 / [Solved] Error while Sales order Invoice
- 如何获取已安装的软件包/模型/热修补程序列表 / How to get list of installed Packages/Model/Hotfix
- Extensibility changes in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations version 8.1.1
- [SOLVED] Error while get latest on source control Dynamics365FO
- D365FO 中的 表时间处理 / Table Event handler methods in Dynamics 365 FO [#Dyn365FO]
- RecordInserList类用于优化插入操作 / RecordInserList class for optimized insert operation