Here I’m going to share how to deploy a metadata or X++ hotfix using Visual Studio menu. Follow below steps to get this done. I strongly recommend using VSTS check in once hotfix deployed. Of course, you don't have RDP access other than DEV environment so this option should be for DEV servers only. Let's start by getting into your dev machine (RDP access).
1. Open Visual studio as admin
2. GO to D365> addins
3. Next windows
Browse metadata hotfix file
The file must be unzipped from a folder.
4. Click on prepare button
You will get an info log for completion
5. Now click on apply
Get Infolog once complete
6. Sometimes these changes don’t come in pending changes for VSTS. In that case, you may need to add manually in VSTS branch. Go to Source control > <VSTS branch> > Metadata folder> Right click and select “Add Items to folder”. Don’t create any folder manually, the system must create respective folders automatically when you add an item.
7. Now you must check-in the code using VSTS. So same can be added in next deployment package next level environment.
8. Do a build and DB sync. Your Environment must be ready for use.
Thanks Guys, Enjoy…. Harry.
- Demo data module in Dynamics 365 for FO #Dyn365FO
- D365 FO 移动应用程序开发 – 第II部分 / Mobile app development in D365 for FO- Part II
- 在Dynamics 365 for FO中如何删除model / How to Delete a model in Dynamics 365 for FO
- D365 for FO 移动应用开发 – 第一部分 / Mobile app development in D365 for FO – Part I
- Important links for Dynamics 365
- How to use Form event ‘OnInitialized’ in Dynaics365